Hello, Aanii, Bonjour
As many of our current and future students have heard, Laurentian University is at a crossroads of change and renewal. We are working hard with our stakeholders and with the support of many in our community, to seek to achieve our restructuring under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act, and to provide our students with a rich, dynamic student experience and quality education.
The next six weeks are critical to Laurentian’s future as we continue with the first phase of the University’s transformation. Provided Laurentian and its stakeholders are able to meet those conditions, we anticipate that by mid-April, current and future students will start to see emerging clarity around important issues such as how Laurentian’s academic offerings will be restructured for the Fall of 2021.
Much work remains ahead for those of us actively involved in reshaping and refocusing the University. This important restructuring, although a difficult chapter in Laurentian’s story, will result in a revitalized university that will not only survive, but thrive. It is as a community, with you as part of this journey, that we will bring forward a new Laurentian that celebrates and preserves much of the culture that has defined us:
- a university where vibrant academic programs align with what students want to learn;
- where graduate student research contributes to community;
- where Francophone programming is valued and where our bilingual character is celebrated;
- where Indigenous programming, learning, and teaching are emphasized, which is part of the very fabric of who we are as an academic community; and,
- a university whose graduates influence the future and aspirations of communities around the globe.
If you have questions about your application, please reach out to us directly at one of the following resources:
Liaison Services: firstname.lastname@example.org – for a virtual campus tour, general program information, or for assistance preparing your application.
Office of Admissions: Admissions@laurentian.ca – for information about the status of your application to the future at Laurentian.
Thank you, Miigwech, Merci
Robert Haché, PhD
President and Vice-Chancellor