As part of the Laurentian University insolvency proceeding, the Honourable Justice Sean Dunphy, a judge of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice has been appointed as a Court-Appointed Mediator. Justice Dunphy is bilingual and is very experienced in insolvency and labour matters. He has been appointed by the Court to assist the University and its stakeholders in addressing the following issues:
- The review and restructuring of the University’s existing academic programs,
- The review and restructuring of the faculty necessary to deliver the restructured academic programs,
- Negotiation of a new collective agreement between the University and LUFA, including resolving all outstanding grievances,
- The review and restructuring of the Federated Universities’ model,
- The Framework for the University’s restructuring and future operations, and
- Other matters that are referred to the Court-Appointed Mediator.